Thursday, 26 January 2017

Gangs of Commorragh

Games Workshop has just released the excellent Gangs of Commorragh game and I was lucky enough to be on the playtest team when it was in development. Check out a post about the gang I created on the Warhammer Community website.

Here are some more photos of the minis.





These are the handy reference cards that I refer to in the post.



Below are some shots of the gang in action on the playtest mat I made depicting the noxious, smog-filled skies over Commorragh.




Gangs of Commorragh is an awesome game and a great addition to the lore of the Dark Eldar race. You'll find yourself banking at breakneck speed around spires, trying to hang on your target's tail while desperately avoiding being a quarry yourself. Between games you'll be tooling up your gang members in an attempt to squeeze every last bit of ounce of killing power during their next clandestine run. I can highly recommend the life of a gang leader in the Dark City!

12 comments:

  1. Those look cool, especially the blood effect and the fading on the front of the bikes. I think the darker, more subdued colours work better for the Dark Eldar than the yellow and red from the box art. How did you make the mat, by the way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toby. The mat is just a print (admittedly using a massive printer). I'd like to think there was some skill in building the artwork though as it's acually tiles to keep the file size down.

      Delete
  2. I was just talking about this a few months ago when I read about Null City; I'd love to see a fully rendered gaming board of Commorragh. I would have a go myself at it, but I've never made a gaming board before, and tackling something of this scale and potential majesty might be a little bit ambitious for a first-timer! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gretchin, Commorragh is a very topsy-turvy place so it'd certainly be a challenge building a board. You should look at the amazing piece of Paul Dainton art which shows the city - it totally sums up how bonkers it is.

      Delete
    2. I will! Thanks for the recommendation! ^^

      I've been meaning to build up some Hellions now for a while (I mean, who doesn't love the idea of skyboards? ^^), so I guess I now have an excuse! ^^

      Delete
  3. Great figures, the blood/ichor effect is well done (and totally suitable for the setting).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lasgun. The blood is so easy but lifts the models really well.

      Delete
  4. Lovely work, especially the Tetanus Bride and her blood bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab gang. Any chance you can provide a file for the card templates?

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gharak. Glad you like them! Alas I can't upload the cards as, legally, they belong to GW. But you could contact the Warhammer Community team and ask if they can post them for everyone to use.

      Delete