Tuesday, 25 October 2016

Finished Blood Angel Terminator Captain

I finished this guy off today and am pretty happy with him. I was a bit worried the banner design lacked some Blanche weirdness, but I think keeping it plain and avoiding white focuses the eye more on the armour, which is what I wanted.

The little inset shot shows a smaller scale image of his back. You can see it's quite cluttered, with lots of accouterments he carries about. These actually hide the gaping hole where the cloak meets the carapace, as I am no where near enough of a good sculptor to make such joins seamless with green stuff.

I've made a start on the last half of the Tactical Squad. I'm also looking forward to posting some 'family photos' with the whole collection when the last boys are done.


6 comments:

  1. An excellent looking terminator! The new chestplate with the high collar really sets him apart. The pose is subtle, yet full of power. I like all the stuff on his back too; despite all of it, it really does not look cluttered. Finally, and probably most importantly, the painting is wonderful. I love the reds and yellows, they really take me back to the earlier editions of 40k (and John's iconic 2nd edition box game cover).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, man - I really dig how that turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has that 2nd Ed rules cover feel for me - nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These guys are going to look great on the tabletop, a real statement. Love the banner and skull pauldron!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent!! Love the yellow especially, and how the whole thing comes together. The blue checkerboard is in contrast with the transfers, precision vs freehand. Can I suggest tightening the blue up a little - tiny bit more pigment and sharper lines. Not too much though. I find alternating the colours with a detail brush takes a couple of passes to get right - blue lines then white lines, blue then white, etc. Each pass is a refinement. Or... leave it as is!

    ReplyDelete