Monday, 10 October 2016

All the Eldar so far

Long time readers will remember that I started painting a retro-clone Eldar army way back in 2011. I've been adding a squad, a character or a vehicle here and there over the years. With a recent clear-out in advance of some redecoration at home I realised just how many of the pointy-eared fellows I'd amassed. I thought I'd repost the lot, especially as some have never appeared on this blog.

I've got a few things in mind to add. A Falcon grav tank now I'm better at painting larger vehicles, and some more Apect Warriors. Now I've got my core units done, I really enjoy adding odds and sods as my whim dictates.

Apologies for the varying quality of the photography. I'd love to do some 'family photos' with them on terrain at some point, but that'll take some time. Oh, looking at these I also realise I don't have any shots of my seven jetbikes.























10 comments:

  1. That wraithlord on all-fours is particularly striking! Excellent pose! ^^ <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all, but that wraithfighter is just stunning. Saving it to Pinterest immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed, there's some real identity and strong graphic choices here which is something that tends to be rare these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are nice.
    I particularly like the vehicle elements that feature grey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your work. These really do feel like you had a strong idea of what you wanted artistically, and you've followed through on that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the crouching Wraithlord pose. Very predatory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely got your own style/brand. All nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all! The tropical fish 'reaction diffusion' patterns on the Hemlock and Farseer's jetbike are very much inspired by Rogue Trader-era illustrations. I'll post more as and when I complete them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just fantastic! I absolutely love the Harlequins. And the clean lines of the painting are just terrific!

    ReplyDelete