Saturday, 13 September 2014

Noct by c3sk

Generally I subscribe to The Oatmeal's view of Kickstarter, but I must admit that there are some cool concepts appearing now and again. Noct is a videogame being developed by c3sk studio and it looks awesome.

The concept is top-down survival horror in a vaguely Lovecraft-ian post-apocalyptic setting, as viewed through thermal imaging cameras. I love the lo-fi graininess of the screenshots which perfectly capture the kind of despondent, hallucinogenic atmosphere that would (probably) be pervasive if weird-ass ancient deities arose from their slumer and sent the whole world mad. Probably.

Alas I am increasingly suffering from nausea when I play 3D games, so anything 2D is a much safer bet. Oh, wait, I just equated a Lovecraft-ian doomsday scenario with 'safe'. Welcome to my world...




Via

No comments:

Post a Comment