Sunday, 10 March 2013

Daniel Danger

It's been a little while since I last blogged about an illustrator's work so I am pleased to share with you some of Daniel Danger's images.

Daniel's work evokes the anxious memories we all share. He draws those things which scared of as children - old houses, dark woods, giant silhouettes and glowing figures. I find his work very evocative of the American psyche too - the houses are the clapboard wooden constructions, the streets are wide and one gets the impression the nearest neigbours live miles away.

The towns he depicts are those of his native New England. Hence they remind me of the Lovecraft's ominous visions of the same area. Their rendering has the slight whimsical manner manner of Edward Gorey's engravings. I can almost imagine Hellboy charging about those dark, Victorian rooms and falling through the floor, as he is want to do.





No comments:

Post a Comment