Monday, 25 March 2013

Cyberpunk 1984 update

I had a glance today at the Gimme Bar album I've created for the Cyberpunk 1984 project and I am pleased to say I think it's coming on quite well. There's not a huge amount of material there but I am satisfied with the consistency of the quality.

I was pleased to be reminded of the film Liquid Sky - a work of astounding genius and terrifying misjudgement in equal measure which I was (un)lucky enough to see a couple of years ago. There also seems to be a lot of black in the palette generally especially when it comes to HUDs and screencaps. Often combined with this are fine rectilinear lines, perhaps denoting a preoccupation with the structure of things and some underlying electronic substrate.

Time to play Kavinsky very loudly I think...


1 comment:

  1. There is a game in development called cyberpunk 2077. I notice the colour blue along with dayglo pink green and yellows is quite cyberpunk.

    ReplyDelete