Sunday, 13 January 2013

Cyberpunk 1984 is go!

After some prolonged procrastination about how best to deal with the images, I have finally got my act together and started to upload the Cyberpunk 1984 project to my Gimme Bar.

Click-erty-click here to see it.

At the moment I am looking primarily for images made (or of things made) around the early-to-mid 80s. I am trying to stay away from the swathe of modern stuff which looks like it was made thirty years ago. However, it's not a super-strict rule and if bits and bobs slip in that's fine.

Bring it.


7 comments:

  1. You've made my sunday, if not my week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More goodness on the way! BTW thanks for the Vimeo link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you haven't seen this site before, make haste now, bound to have some worthwhile cyberpunk snippets somewhere
    http://www.paleofuture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Exiztenzial - I haven't seen that one before. It looks ace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I assume your uploads are invite only. Just wanted to say your CP1984 idea is fantastic. I've been having ideas for a CyberPunk game using tech and imagery from Max Headroom and contemporaries--tiny CRTs, grimy offices, VHS cameras...

    I'm surprised you haven't bagged the Gibson Continuum. Jolly good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Smiorgan - hope you enjoy it. Not sure what you mean by 'Gibson Continuum'???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As in The Gernsback Continuum... a phrase to describe an imagined future based on Gibson's vision...

      Delete