Tuesday, 6 November 2012

2012 deathshead

Last week I rocked-up to a Staff gaming night in full deathshead regalia. I was chuffed to be deemed to have the best costume (well, in truth I was the only one in costume). I was duly awarded The Spirit of Halloween award. This was nice, because I proceeded to loose two and draw one game of 40K. Ah well...

This latest iteration of my deathshead look was executed (sorry) using black oil-based face paint and eye liner. There is no white. Key to the process is having wet-wipes, moisturiser and earbuds at hand to correct little mistakes and 'rub out' those small areas which have to remain light in otherwise dark areas (like the teeth).

At about 10:30pm I drove a friend home and then went to the supermarket. The staff were remarkably good about the whole thing.

Thanks to Supreme Photographer Glenn Moore for this awesome snap.



5 comments:

  1. It really does look great. Have you considered doing only the highlights with white, treating your skin as if it were a mid-toned paper...could look pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, gorgeous work! Best one so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jason - yes, I did that a couple of times in the past. I do kind of like the way this version is just black though.

    Thanks for your support guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chilling to the bone. Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete