Saturday, 7 July 2012

Military vehicle fonts

I have lately been inspired by the fonts used on military armour, particularly the text on German WWII vehicles. A quick bit of Google-fu turned up this wonderful collection of .ttf files. It's a pity my favorite, the Blockschrift für Flugzeuge, seems to be very broken (as, indeed, are all other instances of the file across the interwebs). :-(

I also came across a great collection of gothic script fonts used on German tanks, but alas the link has disappeared into the black hole that is my History. Sorry.



4 comments:

  1. They remind me of the Amercian road sign fonts..

    ReplyDelete
  2. By Gothic do you mean a Fraktur or a Sans?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My bad, LW - I meant 'blackletter'. Sorry my terminology's a bit out-of-whack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like many of them can be found here-- http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/forums/dlcat-military-fonts-19/

    ReplyDelete