Monday, 12 March 2012

The studio is dark

Some months ago I popped over to see my friend Ada Zanditon. In her studio she has a large white board marked out as a calendar to plan her work. Spanning a two week period in huge letters was written "STUDIO IS DARK".
"What does that mean?" I asked.
"Oh, God!" She replied. "I wish Christian hadn't written that, as everyone keeps on asking me!"
It transpired that the phrase is 'industry speak' for times when the studio is closed (and there are no lights on). In the 24/7 world of fashion this is pretty much the only time when the studio is, indeed, dark. Hence the name.

So, the Tears of Envy studio is now dark. More importantly it's been carefully packed into a multitude of boxes ready for my move to Nottingham tomorrow.

In theory I should have the interwebs back up and running by the end of Wednesday. But Sod's Law might well get involved and postpone that happy event.

In the meantime, I leave you with the new Universal Movies company logo made by Weta:



Via Computerlove

8 comments:

  1. Very best of luck with the move. Fame and fortune awaits! Just remember us mortals when your name's in lights at GW HQ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. Wishing you an easy and successful moving experience. We'll be here when you get back to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best with it - we may or may not be shedding tears of envy, but we certainly won't be shedding Tears of Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool logos and as everyone else has said good luck .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I realize those are forsbobet doggies but I would be hard pressed not to eat one ;)

    ReplyDelete