Thursday, 15 March 2012

Back online

Well, that was pretty painful but it's over now. I am settling into my new lair and letting my nesting instinct run riot. I am also wondering why, dear God, I have so many small, breakable objects...

Here are my top Lessons Learned:
  1. Pack everything REALLY well. My removal men were great but they still manhandled things brutally. Don't assume those miniature cases with the dodgy handles won't crack open and spill their lovingly painted contents all over the removal van's floor. Because mine did.
  2. Don't ever trust anything an estate agent says. They are agents indeed, but of The Devil and Father of Lies. When they tell you they'll have the keys for the mailbox ready (which you requested two weeks ago) they actually mean is that they won't be able to pull their finger out and get it sorted.
  3. All UK Council-run parking services are run by shambolic halfwits who take no responsibility for anything. The UK needs to save money by slashing the deficit. Start by sacking the chimps' teaparty in charge of parking.
That is all.

9 comments:

  1. a haaa - see you bin to the GW carpark and took a shot then ........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize those are forsbobet doggies but I would be hard pressed not to eat one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - sadly, all council parking services have been 'outsourced' (privatised), hence making them entirely ruthless (being run for profit) and unaccountable (being run at a distance).

    Glad the move went (relatively) well. Will take your advice as gospel as am moving myself: Tears of Envy - always one step ahead ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your move is over, sad to hear of your manhandled minis! Hope it all settles soon.

    Mr Fulgrim - Council parking services outsourced?! Fking outrageous. Is there anywhere not tainted by profit vampirism? What a low.

    ReplyDelete
  5. why should tax payers fund the selfish devil wagon ownership and the complete cluttering of our highways - to many cars - to many aggressive inconsiderate drivers and parkers, to much street furniture - bah humbug .....

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a cyclist I agree with Mr. JB - although moving house on my bike might prove tricky ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol great post , crack the whip tears ! , as for my two cents , I haven't owned a car since I passed my test 15 years ago lol, taxi drivers are just as annoying though. Maybe I should take up walking.
    sorry about the minimen:-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. walk 4 miles a day - never had a car .....

    ReplyDelete
  9. "2 wheels good, 4 wheels bad!"

    ReplyDelete