Friday, 13 January 2012

=][=MVNDA Valerius mini and proxy

I have finally got around to finishing the mini for the character Valerius in my =][=MVNDA campaign. Click here to see his background entry.

Although he turned out somewhat different from how I expected, I am still pretty pleased with him. The doner models are a Mordheim gang member and an Empire pistolier. It's a bit hard to get a good photo of him as he is so dynamic that a single angle doesn't really do him justice.

I painted him using the techniques Steve Buddle has been at the vanguard of. Viz - the awesome Citadel washes of fairly flat base colours with selective highlights. I was very pleased with how well his padded tunic came out - the Gryphonne Sepia provided some wonderful shading. The hue of his flowing jacket was based on the colour scheme employed by the great Migsula on his XX LEGION marines. I loved the way the dirty turquoise transitions to a lurid yellow.

Valerius' proxy is a rank pip from a military uniform.

Portrait to coming soon.

8 comments:

  1. What a dandy! He looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely movement about him. I like that he dual wields too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Massive improvement in painting congratulations!
    I hope you find time to paint while designing those floor tiles for Warhammer Quest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautifully painted figure, probably my favourite I've seen from you. Deeply happy to welcome you to the Wash Squad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! The colours have been chosen well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the kind comments guys! I really enjoyed painting him and the wash technique is both satisfying and quick! I think he only took in the region of 3hrs.
    @okkiW - LOL! Actually I am really hoping I'll be inspired and able to paint much more when I get to Notts. I look forward to showing you all the results!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the best one yet! Good work indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice one tears , he looks great , the subdued tones really suit him.

    ReplyDelete