Saturday, 31 December 2011

Goodbye 2011

I figured I would jump on the bandwagon and post the obligatory review of the year.

Seeing my work in print is always a joy and 2011 has been a bumper year for that. Dwarf King's Hold 2 by Mantic, the beta of Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster from Studio McVey and of course Cutlass! by Black Scorpion have all featured my art. I have also continued to work with other existing clients on game projects while picking up new business and new friends in the gaming industry. I would like to give a big shout out to all my colleagues and thank them for supporting me to do what I love doing.

On the wider creative and social fronts its been a great year too. I have had some wonderful trips about the UK - to Derbyshire, Bristol, Nottingham and Canterbury. I have taken some great photos while on these jaunts and I feel I have really honed my photographic style. I very much enjoyed the IMVNDA project I launched later in the year, and have even found time to paint some minis (including my beloved Eldar). I finished the 1950s dress I had been making, like, forever and now have plans for some bonkers Russian-style harem pants. Added to all of this has been a good year of reenactment, which has seen the Ancient Greeks strut our stuff at Bushey, Broadlands and Detling (I also went to War and Peace as a punter, which was equally great).

Most of all I would like to thank all of you readers out there. There's now a hefty cohort of 87 of you and I am flattered that you'd want to hear my ramblings. I love chatting to you all and sharing wonderful things with you. I also appreciate all the feedback I get on my work.

Thank you all and here's to 2012!!!

PAX.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for having us!

    Wish you all the best for 2012! I really enjoyed your painting articles always nice to get different perspectives and your design insights but also the basically mad bonkers things of the town called Londinium which would never have know about.

    Oh look I finally joined the site.

    O for awesome (its a kiwi thing)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Tam. Looking forward to more posts, and other fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry new year Tamtam, may it contain many and varied bloggable things...

    I'd better do some kind of sum up on the Asylum hadn't I? Especially as I forgot the one year anniversary last week... whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep posting during 2012.
    Yours is one of my fav blogs to follow.

    Thankyou.

    - Dai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for making it a memorable year, and looking forward to the next! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a good year. Ever forward!!!

    Paul

    ReplyDelete