Tuesday, 20 September 2011

New work: Jester Games logo

I have just completed the logo for the Swedish games store Spel och Tillbehör AB (translated as Jester Games).

Jens and Jörgen contacted me with a strong idea for their logo. They wanted it to feature a good and an evil jester in the vein of the artwork one might find on a traditional playing card. The job was quite challenging for two reasons; the organic nature of the heads (which we decided should be like porcelain dolls' faces)  was something I don't have a lot of experience in, and small elements like the ruffs and the tube coming from the evil jester's mouth were complex. I achieved the latter two using Cinema 4D, which I am increasingly using in my work. I also used a new Photoshop technique to render the skulls as metallic, which I am looking forward to employing more in the future.

I am really pleased with the way it turned out and I look forward to seeing it used in the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment