Wednesday, 7 September 2011

The Hoplite Association at Military Odyssey 2011

Over the summer Bank Holiday weekend I joined my phalanx of hoplites to attend the UK's biggest multi-period reenactment show. Military Odyssey was a blast and I have uploaded the best of my photos to my Picasa account.

I was fortunate enough to pick up an old analogue Nikon camera at a sales stall and it came with a lovely 50mm manual lens. One of the advantages of the Nikon system is that, by and large, the lenses are all compatible so you can use very old glass on new bodies. I strapped the thing to my trust D100 and it proved to produce excellent results. The 1.8 aperture allowed me to shoot in low light and get wonderfully narrow depth of field.

I'll blog more about my new Nikon FM body soon, but meanwhile here is a taster of the photos I have uploaded.





No comments:

Post a Comment