Thursday, 14 July 2011

Retro Royal Wedding

I am rather late in posting these, but if you live on planet earth and have an internet connection you will probably have heard that the second-in-line to the English throne got married at the end of April. Yeah, I know it was a while ago, but I've been busy.

I allowed myself some cautious celebration (I don't know the couple in question personally and am ambivalent about the whole idea of a monarchy) and joined a retro street party on the day. It was actually a really lovely experience being with people who just wanted to have fun and get together. As I cycled through the city to reach my party, the mood was one of genuine good-will towards one's fellow man. Whatever brings about such a positive spirit cannot be a bad thing.

Wills & Kate - don't know you but, in the unlikely event you see these, enjoy.

Patriotic beetroot and Dalek cake. Genius.



No comments:

Post a Comment