Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Ribbon Hero 2

I am getting more and more interested in the subject of gamification. What that means for you is that you're going to hear me wittering on about it with increased frequency in the months to come.

Microsoft have developed a download-able game which teaches users how to use Office. From the intro video Ribbon Hero 2 looks pretty approachable. Although they make a big deal about the presence of the intensely annoying Clippy, I thankfully didn't spot him anywhere in the promo video.

I must confess, what initially made me read the article about the game was the front-end artwork, which I think is utterly charming and a nice departure from the "Apple gloss" that pervades UI design at present. 

I would download it and give it a go, but I use a Mac and there is no Apple-compatible version.

No comments:

Post a Comment