Tuesday, 21 December 2010

Jewellery

Below are some photos I took at a secret jewellery sale in London a few weeks ago. My pal G kindly took me to the sale, forewarning me to be careful of what he described as "The Fashion Bitches" who would scratch my eyes out to get in front of me in the queues.

The event was essentially a sale of end-of-line goods, but the fact Vivienne Westwood and Cath Kidston have stalls there meant the place was crawling with fashionistas. I am not particularly familiar with current jewellery design but I could not detect one style which dominated. Some seemed very conventional, some minimalist while the Westwood line was evidently opulent Gothic with some interesting rubber/acrylic pieces in pastel shades.

Folk were coming away with armfulls of glittering treasures and the Westwood table was doing what can only be described as a brisque trade. In the end I was very restrained and picked up a gift for my sister and one or two tiny bits for myself. I also managed to retain my eyes as well, which is always nice.




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment