Sunday, 29 August 2010

Old work: first ever Photoshop efforts

My "career" in graphic design really started in 1999 when I was studying Art History in London. I took a module in theatre design and concocted sets and costumes for Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. They were the happy days before tuition fees were imposed so I spent the greater part of a student loan on a shiny new PC.

Below are my first ever efforts. I was massively influenced by Dave McKean, Floria Sigismondi and mecha at the time. I was also baffled and frustrated by concepts like resolution, paths and WHY THE HELL CAN'T I APPLY FILTERS TO TEXT? (Answer: because it's a vector and needs to be rasterized).

So now you know.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the good old days of the advent of Photoshop. I think I still have some of my ancient work on a Zip disk somewhere....

    ReplyDelete