Wednesday, 28 July 2010

War & Peace 2010: Swag

Amongst the amazing things I picked up at the War & Peace show on Sunday were:


A prop Greek shield from the movie Clash of the Titans. This is made from something which appears to be rubberised fiberglass and is very light. I love the way that the design has worn off. I am not sure if this is intentional or if it was painted to look that way.


A bicorn hat. I have wanted one of these for ages but they are usually extremely expensive. This one is very worn but I think that adds to its charm.


A US Cavalry stetson. Actually this isn't quite the hat bought (long boring story) but I swapped the accessories onto the one you see here. Hence the badge is yet to be attached. This has prompted me to put together a Lieutenant Colonel Kilgore (of Apocalypse Now fame) outfit.


A bust of Ajax. This is made from poured resin and marble powder and will be very handy for stunning buglers. I have no idea when it was made. I googled "Ajax bust" but didn't find any originals which this might be a copy of.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment